Tuesday 2 November 2010

At the pop show

Living a 2 hour commute away from London is never fun.
Pre-Foundation I thought: yeah sure I can suffer the 10 mins cycle, the 10 mins wait, the 1 hour 10 mins train ride, the another 10 mins wait and the half hour bus ride between home and college.
2 months into the course I've realised it's the shittiest thing one can ever experience (other than a coach ride with one of your good friends and your relationship suffers because of the ride, but that's another story). In the morning it's alright, although cramped, however the journey back you have to suffer under the wrath of  cramped carriages AND pissy commuters.

They get seriously pissy.
The 'Commuter Glare' is the worst. Or the 'Ow That Really Really Hurt' grunt - I didn't even touch you, you mong!

Another backlash is not being able to go out late. My last train leaves at half 11 and most of the good stuff in London starts at 10/11. So what do I do on Halloween night?



Go out fucking partying.

YEAH!

Then at about half 1 or 2 (not too sure, the clocks went back) I realise I have no way of getting home. Logically I should ask one of my wonderful friends to see whether I can crash at theirs as I have no way of getting home.
Retardedly I decide to lie that I'm going home and then take some of London's many night buses up and down the town until the first train on a Sunday morning home.


I don't know where I went that night.
And I didn't know when I was sleeping or not.
But the buses kept me warm and I wasn't considering lowering myself to sleeping on the streets when I have a season ticket valid until December! Duh!

Finally at 7am I arrived in a daze near Putney station. Walked up the hill. Then walked down again realising the station wasn't that way. Waited for the train. Got on the train. Slept through my stop. Took the train going back the other way to my stop. Walked home. Had a piss. Went to bed.

I hadn't had a wash since the previous morning.


I am never doing that again. Ever.

Due to this experience (and also many other factors), I'm intending to move up to London in January.

So if you have any room for someone who just wants to do some art sometimes and then party the other times, please email me at conglats@gmail.com . I don't take up that much room and can tidy up my own mess when asked to.


Thanks for looking!


Oh and the actor of Dobby from Peep Show was at the club we went to too! How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment